Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Truth Hurts, But It Doesn't Have To

If you ever meditate, pray, or whatever you choose for peace, enlightenment, and self improvement, you may find yourself shaken to the core as your flaws are thrown in your face. If you can scrape yourself up for long enough to stop being bitter or excusing, you will discover that this is actually a great blessing. Your questions, although not remotely how you expected, have been answered. The beauty of human nature is of course, choice. Will you choose to continue your nasty behavior, or will you change and become a better person? This is after all, what you wanted.

Honest truth: I enjoy arguing. I am a natural debater- this will probably never change. The only problem is that it NEEDS to change. Well, maybe the direction that I channel this energy towards needs to change. I don't want to be a mean or difficult person. I don't want to fight only to win. So, I am going to stop. I am only going to fight for truth, right, and issues that I am passionate about. No more seeking victory just to make myself feel better or to put others in their place. This is not going to be easy, but almost nothing worth doing is. Admitting this to myself and to the world is no simple task, and I hope it doesn't make me seem like a terrible person. Even good people have bad habits. So, I am writing this here with the hope that you can find your peace and courage. 

On another note, I finished reading  Eat, Pray, Love today. I always feel sad at the end of a book. I read it quickly up until the last few chapters which I drag out for days. If it is an especially great book- like this one, finishing it is an even more difficult task. This book came into my life at the exact perfect moment which is comical seeing as how it is mostly about finding yourself and balance with the universe.  I absolutely recommend this book for everyone. 

I have a job interview tomorrow, so send positive thoughts my way. I am hopeful that it goes well, but I am honestly a little bit scared to make a change. I guess I'll see how it goes and then decide from there. Have a fabulous week. 

- Sarah 

0 comments:

Post a Comment